CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

My Arizona trip

Next you find me on my continuing journey up the state of Arizona toward the Grand Canyon. I made it a few hours, and then had to stop someplace called "Montezuma's Castle." Although it is believed that he was never actually there, the name stuck. Nevertheless...what an amazing feat of engineering! The ecological history of the place was amazing! It made me think of the Nephites/Lamanites, and how all of a sudden...they all just disappeared, leaving behind a legagy for us to wonder at!



Okay, So I know that I am a bit shiny in this picture, but man!, it's hot in Arizona...did you know that? Didja? Huh?












This was another section of some ruins that is was in much worse condition, but it kinda reminded me of ruins I've seen pictures of in Israel. Mix hot weather, with caves, and ancient ruins, I couldn't get the thought out of my head.









This picture gives you a real scope for the remarkable undertaking they completed here. A castle...in a cliff. Who would do that? WHAT did they need to defend against? Many Many questions!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have never seen anything like that castle before! That is amazing! I love it!