CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Gastric Bypass

Jen's Freakin' Food Journal:

Breakfast: Protein Shake, Vitamins, 6 bites cottage cheese, one egg, one piece of toast.
Lunch: Salad with lots of veggies, chicken strips, 2 small peaches, vitamins.
Dinner: 2 small hamburger patties, 2 small pieces of cheese melted on top, salsa on top, Salad with lots of veggies, vitamins

I didn't cheat, and I did get all my water.

I've got to say that today was my toughest day so far. At my work, we had a birthday and a potluck. It was the worst not eating the yummy smelling salsa, bean dip, Tacos, and the Fabulous smelling Lemon on Lemon cake. Ugh...I HATE denial. I'm still thinking about it hours later...

So of course I was then in a "really wanting to cheat" state of mind... Then I was at my mom & dad's house last night and she had all sorts of tempting stuff. Michelle and Abe and their kids, and Michelle's mom and step dad came down so my mother had made lasagna, olives(well, she didn't make them, but she HAD them there), rice crispy treats, and her FABULOUS sugar cookies w/frosting. My gosh, I couldn't stay in the house. Food drove me out of there.

My above comment stands. I did not cheat! I feel like yelling that out to the stars! One part joy at my fortitude, one part anger at myself.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the music!

gwenblack said...

So Jenn-

I hear all the trials you are having and how hard it is. Believe me I understand how hard it is, but the only thing that makes it worth it is results! So how have you been doing? I would love to hear that.

:) Gwen