Since my appointment with the Gastric Bypass people in Freemont that I wrote about, I can confess to struggling a bit with my diet/food choices. So, as I've gone through my day today, I realized that I need to re-commit. I need to re-commit to a life lived without sugar. So from today on, that is what I will do. I always feel like when I rationalize my bad food choices something along the lines of "I wasn't that bad!" or "This one time won't hurt, it's not like I do it all the time." These are just falsehoods I'm using to make excuses for poor food choices. The no sugar, no soda, no fastfood, no drinking with meals, no snacking rules are back in place with a vengence from today on. So, in an effort to be positive, the yes to protein, fruits & veggies, water in between meals without anything else, 1200 cal. diet needs to be back in place...immediately!
Sounds like I've been really, really bad. The simple answer is no, but I find if I close a door, I try to open a window, so I'm going to metephorically shut the door, nail shut any windows, and put caulking all around the edges of the windows so that I can't even open them.
So, I'll report back soon to let you know how my re-commit has gone, and then I'll feel better about myself.
Smile!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Re-Commit
Posted by Jennalee at 4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Hey sweetie! I've been trying to kick sugar too. I just read an interesting book called "Sugar Blues". It goes through the history of sugar: more specifically how sugar, rum, and the slave trade were all interconnected. He also goes on and on about how with the increase in sugar consumption, our nation's people have more diabetes, more resistant to insulin, and more mental health illnesses. You might wanna try it! I started to give it up on September 23. I went 10 whole days the first time, then fell off the wagon last weekend. No, more like I dove off the wagon. I need to utilize the motto moderation in all things, but I'll keep ya posted on my battle with sugar. Love you tons! Mer
Post a Comment